Sunday, October 12, 2008

October Snow Storm

It is snowing giant flakes, but hard to see with the camera!

My poor plants, you can see the amount of snow piled on the chairs.


I could have got a better picture if I had been willing to get my feet wet

Today is the 12th day of October, and Mother Nature is giving us a taste of the days ahead Winter! Say it is not true, it was in the 80's last week. This morning we woke up to about 3.5" of snow and it is still snowing hard. We should have known something was up as we snuggled to keep warm under our light weight summer bedding. My beautiful potted plants I tenderly tended all summer are buried, they too are probably wondering what happened. Tom was just saying it was warmer in Anchorage AK yesterday than it was here. Sarah, you will probably have a fun time in the garden center today.

These pictures were taken about an hour ago and it is still snowing hard. Guess we better get out the hats and gloves and plan on shoveling.

No comments: