When my little Great Granddaughter was 6 weeks old I agreed to watch her while my Granddaughter worked. She is now approaching the terrible 2's and once again in my care. Don't get me wrong, I love her with all my heart, and who wouldn't she is adorable. But, when a good part of my day is spent watching Yo Gabba Gabba, and reading the same book over and over " Biscuit" the little Yellow dog is the book of the day. I wonder which part of outer space I am living in. Our dog Farrah is pretty much taking her into stride, and I think they are beginning to bond, but some days the two of them can put you a little closer to the nut house. It makes me understand why young mothers work, but then in my Granddaughters case it is out of necessity. We often wonder why our lives take the turns they do, I am a firm believer everything happens for a purpose, and this chance, no matter what the cost is a gift. To be so close to her and share all her little life changes and experiences is truly a blessing, every new word she utters, every little tantrum she throws, the stress when she won't eat. How many people my age get to experience this, even if you do have days you feel like you are living on the moon.
No comments:
Post a Comment